Sunday, January 13, 2008

Take it, if you can get it

Take all the support and help you can get. It may be the difference in staying on the healthy wagon, or falling off and ending up in the MickeyD's drive through.

There are some conveniences available. I'll admit that there are times that I take full advantage, cost be damned. These conveniences are pretty straight forward.

First, in the produce section they will have pre-cut veggies or fruit. I am all for this. Depending on our schedules, its cost is small compared to the benefit of staying on track (and keeping my sanity).

The second trick I use is the salad bar. I will just do "goodies." For instance, I gather chopped red onion, sliced black olives, sliced mushrooms and diced green peppers for a yummy and nutritious egg white omelet. Sometimes these smaller quantities are a perfect solution for my week's plan. Overall it can be less expensive and less wasteful. (and I use fresher ingredients, as well.) I love to get sprouts, fruits, and other goodies.

I say when it comes to convenience and ease, take the help, if you can get it.

Healthy eating!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Good luck with the blog, Sudie! I'll be checking in and will share as I can as I venture down the bento path.

Anne said...

I never thought of using the salad bar that way, Sudie. Great idea! We have a Ukrops right down the street that has an amazing salad bar.