Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Feeling fruity?

For some reason, spring fever makes me crave fruit. Why is that?!



Crepes are a great way to serve up some fruit. It is no secret that I love french crepes. I served them at our wedding. I thought I would share with you my healthier version.



Crepes make about 15

1 cup whole wheat pastry flour (I buy in bins from whole foods)

pinch of salt

1 1/4 cups rice milk (or soy)

2 eggs

2 Tablespoons soy margarine, cooled melted

2 Tablespoons margarine



Combine flour, salt, and milk in a large bowl. Beat until smooth. Beat the eggs in a small bowl and stir in teh melted margarine. Add to the flour and milk mixturee and beat until smooth. Refrigerate for an hour and beat again.



Place a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. When pan is hot, add 1/2 teaspoon of magarine. Put the 1 Tablespoon of batter into the skillet and swirl it around to form a thin layer. Pour out the excess.

When batter is dry looking (about 1 minute), flip and cook about 15 seconds.



Crepes can then be filled with fruit or jam. Enjoy!

No comments: