Thursday, March 6, 2008

Day 3 to healthier lifestyle

2 down. How are you feeling? Keep up the good work.

Day #3. Let it go. If you have something unhealthy, just let it go and get back on track. Don't beat yourself up. Healthier eating is not all or nothing. It is a process. No guilt. Ok?

So I was remembering when I was in college and recipes were basically, well, basic. Ketchup was a main ingredient in most of my dishes. Well, back then I did not love vegatables so much. But I wanted to eat more veggies. So I came up with some sauces and dips that worked for me.

My favorite sauce is like a fake hollandaise sauce. Sour cream, a tad of yellow mustard, and lemon juice. The mustard is really for color. Nowadays I use soy sour cream. but I still pull this veggie trick out every once in a while.

Other good dips are salsa, hummus, guac. Yummy.

Wishing you healthier eating!

No comments: